Senior Full Stack Engineer
Reports to: Tom Shawver, CTO
Location: 19th and Market St, Philadelphia PA office (WFH during COVID-19 emergency)
The Senior Full Stack Engineer creates and maintains web-based and mobile-facing applications using modern tools, including AWS, Typescript, and serverless technologies. The engineer will work with their manager and teammates to design software products both internally and externally-facing, as well as support both the users of those products and its operating infrastructure.
- Translate customer requests into actionable execution plans
- Create new applications within an existing platform, following existing patterns, styles, dependencies, and architectures
- Work alongside the team to help to design and develop new iterations of our core platform, exercising knowledge of standards and best practices
- Great teamwork ethic and a willingness to mentor other team members in new technologies
- Ensure applications are efficient, minimize I/O, and avoid common pitfalls related to traffic bursts and scalability.
- Deep familiarity with Node.js and/or Typescript, and the NPM ecosystem
- Functional understanding of AWS application stack offerings, such as Cognito, DynamoDB, Lambda, ECS, and more
- Production experience with React, a packager such as Webpack or Parcel, and state management tools such as Redux or MobX.
- Knowledge of basic CI/CD DevOps workflows
- Strong history of observing best practices with Git, task management workflows
- Willingness and availability to respond to rare emergencies
- Production experience with React Native
- Production experience implementing GraphQL APIs across disparate microservices and data stores
- Deep understanding of security, encryption, and authentication systems and standards like OAuth 2.0 and SAML
Please send along your resume and cover email to email@example.com. Looking for a fast path to the short list? You can also pass along your Github account, link us to any open source contributions you’ve made, or share pieces of past projects you think might be relevant. These aren’t requirements, though, so reach out and let’s talk.